The Best Beard Trimmer for Thick Beards
Do you often wonder how some men have a thick healthy beard while others seem to struggle with patches, itchy, unkempt, or smelly beards? It is all about grooming and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Indeed, grooming a thick beard poses several challenges. First, you need lots of patience to maintain a healthy grooming routine. Yes, a thick beard takes time. At least four weeks to be precise.
Second, you ought to choose the right tools for your daily care routine. Top on the list is the best beard trimmer for thick beards. Unlike popular belief, not all beard trimmers are ideal for a thick beard. That’s why, our quick guide highlights all you need to know about these must-have gadgets. Let’s get started!
Do You Need to Trim Your Thick Beard?
Yes, you do. After the initial four weeks, you’ll need to start trimming and shaping your beard. At first, it can be challenging. Hence, you can get your first trim done by a professional barber. Then, with practice, you can trim it by yourself.
As you trim the beard, ensure you define your neckline. Know the shape you want to maintain, then, practice shaving it at least three times a week. Ensure you have a reliable beard trimmer for the job.
Note, never trim your thick beard right after taking a shower. For now, your facial hair looks shorter than its actual size. You may end up cutting deeper than planned. Here are more reasons why you should trim your thick beard:
- It gets rid of split ends. Split ends tend to slow down the growth of a healthy, thick beard. Plus, it makes your beard look untidy.
- It helps maintain the length of a short, cropped beard.
- It gives your thick beard a proper, clear-cut look.
- With a close trim, you can maintain a well-kept appeal without clean shaving it
- A thick beard often creates flaky skin that sticks to the hair over time. A regular trim will get rid of these nasty flakes on your thick beard.
- If you have sensitive skin, a thick beard makes it prone to irritation. But, regular trims and oiling is an effective way to fight this problem.
- A bacterial build upon a thick beard can cause acne and other skin conditions. But, cleaning, oiling, and trimming will prevent this buildup.
Our Top Picks (Best Trimmers for Thick Beards)
We’ve tried and researched multiple beard trimmers in the past, and while most have been great, a few of them stand out as being just a tad better than the rest. For a thick beard you need something a little more efficient and robust, in order to do the job properly with as little irritation and annoyance as possible.
Here’s our top picks:
BeardScape Beard and Hair Trimmer
- Great efficiency for thick beards
- Quick charging – full battery in 3 hours
- Very quiet
Are you looking for a beard trimmer for quick touch-ups and manscaping? Consider the Brio’s BeardScape Beard and Hair Trimmer. This trimmer has robust ceramic blades that cut through coarse hair with ease. Besides, its many speed settings allow for versatile beard styles. Check its LED display for battery status, hygiene, and motor speed. Its battery charges quite fast, and lasts longer, giving you ample time to deliver a precise cut.
- Uses low-friction 1.0mm to 1.9mm ceramic blades
- 5-speed settings
- Has a titanium rake for precision
- Li-Ion battery with 4 hours cordless trimming
- User-friendly LED display
- Weight 10.1 ounces
What We Like
- Sharper and stronger ceramic blades
- A noise-less operation
- Length change of up to 18mm for a long beard trim
- 4 guide combs that trims 8 hair lengths
- It has responsive controls for the 5-speed settings.
- The powerful Lithium-ion battery takes only 3 hours to meet full charge
- Retails with a convenient trimming kit and travel pouch
Philips Norelco Beard and Hair Trimmer Series 5100
- Works well on both short and long beards
- Great on sensitive skin
- Lots of attachments included
Do you have a long beard, short beard, or even a 3-day stubble? The Philips Norelco Beard and Hair Trimmer are enough for all these beards. For, it uses self-sharpening stainless steel blades with a lift-and-trim technique. In turn, they deliver a precise cut in at least 17 varying lengths. Indeed, it is a budget beard trimmer with fast-charging batteries. After one hour of charge, it’ll give you 70 minutes of service. And, are you prone to skin irritations when shaving? Not so with this trimmer. Its double sharpened blades, coupled with the rounded contour comb is gentle on your skin.
If your skin is very sensitive, make sure you check our recommendations of the best trimmers for sensitive skin.
- Dimensions 2.4 x 5.9 x 9.6 inches
- Weight 13.9 ounces
- Has 17 built-in precision lengths, 0.2mm increments
- Allows for both corded and cordless use
- Lithium-ion batteries with 70 minutes runtime
- Rounded contour comb technology for guided trimming
- Accessories include two hair clipping combs and a cleaning brush
What We Like
- Effective on short and long beards
- Gentle on sensitive skin
- Includes a convenient hair clipper and face groomer
- Uses self-sharpening stainless steel blades
- 100% waterproof trimmer
- Five years manufacturer warranty
Tips to Maintaining a Thick Beard
A healthy beard is about its length, liveliness, and thickness. It needs proper hair grooming and skincare routine, a healthy diet, and exercise. Here are a few tips to help you grow your thick beard the right way: –
- Cleanse, exfoliate, moisturize, and oil your face regularly. This way, you will get rid of dead skin cells that cause ingrown hairs. Plus, you will unblock your pores and promote good blood circulation.
- Maintain a healthy weight through regular exercise. By doing so, you will stimulate a good flow of testosterone. In turn, these hormones will promote healthy hair follicles. Start by doing regular cardio workouts, cycling, or light jogging. Ensure you live an active lifestyle that incorporates exercise in your daily routines.
- Avoid stress triggers. Stress triggers increase cortisol levels in your blood. This chemical tends to suppress the amount of testosterone. In turn, it hurts your beard growth. So, plan to live a stress-free lifestyle. Set realistic goals that you can achieve. Take part in relaxation techniques, including yoga meditation.
- Eat healthy foods and drink lots of water. Feed you beard with the nutrients it needs to maintain is luster, texture, and liveliness. Hydrate it with healthy drinks to keep it from forming split ends.
Now, you know what to look for in the best beard trimmer for thick beards. Plan to use it the right way. Kickstart your beard journey by consulting a professional. You’ll learn a few tricks to use with your beard trimmer. Then, perfect your style with lots of practice. And, remember to apply the beard oil regularly.