Best Lightweight Tent for Motorcycling
Motorcycles are a great way to explore open highways, long stretches of spectacular countryside, and enjoy freedom-filled excursions. While hopping on to your trusted two-wheeled enigma sounds like an easy way to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city, the days leading up to the trip can be a little daunting, given the planning, packing, and preparation you need to take care off.
Of all the things you need to haul around, a hefty tent that weighs a ton can be the most daunting, because it sure can be uncomfortable to ride with, especially if you have a pillion rider. For this reason, buying the best lightweight tent for motorcycling is a perfect solution, because it not only is a joy to carry around, but also offers great protection for you, your gear and motorcycle from the elements.
So, if you’re looking to saddle up light, we’ve got you covered with 3 best lightweight tents for motorcycling that will make your adventurous life that much easier. We’ve even included a best motorcycle tent buying guide to ease your buying decision.
Our Top Picks
ALPS Mountaineering Lynx 1-Person Tent
- Weighs just 4 punds
- Nice and compact design
- Easy assembly
What we like: The Lynx 1-Person Tent by Alps Mountaineering slots in at the #1 position on this list of best lightweight tents for motorcycling for several reasons, starting with its no-assembly, free-standing aluminum two-pole design. Tipping the scales at just 4 lbs, the Lynx 1-person tent measures 2’8 x 7’6 at the base, and stands 36 inches tall. It showcases an appealing clay/rust color, and is water and UV resistant, so you can rest assured it will last you for several years to come.
The Lynx 1-person tent is equipped with storage pockets, stakes, gear loft, guy ropes #8 zippers, and even a single doorway. Adding to this, it comes with a vestibule, which allows you to stash your gear out of the way or change out of wet muddy gear. It features factory seals and fly to provide the bets weather protection, and comes with a poly taffeta floor that’s complete with a 2000mm coating. The Lynx tent is easy to assemble, where you simply use the pole clips to snap them over the poles.
- No assembly required
- 2000mm coating on floor
- Measures 2’8 x 7’6 at the base and 36” height
VUZ Moto Waterproof Motorcycle Tent
- Great upgrade pick
- Very spacious
- 10,000mm waterproofing
What we like: If you’re looking for the best lightweight tent for motorcycling, and you don’t mind splurging, the VUZ Moto Waterproof Motorcycle Tent is perhaps a great choice for you. It boasts a massive 18′ x 8′ footprint, and an extra spacious design that can accommodate you, two other people and your motorcycle. The full size camping tent weighs just 13.7 lbs and is made from high quality 190T polyester and B3 mesh material.
Additionally, this state-of-the-art tent for motorcycling features a separate, dedicated garage space for your motorbike, so you can park your bike and your gear in an attached secure enclosure that’s within arm’s reach. The tent features four entryways, making it easy to get in and out and also offers privacy and prevents bugs from getting in thanks to its integrated mesh panel. This 3-season rated tent features an astounding 10,000mm waterproofing on the floor, so you stay dry and well rested.
- Weights 13.7 lbs and 18 feet long
- Can accommodate 3 people
- Dedicated motorbike space
Abco Tech Pop Up Tent
- Best value
- No assembly – pops itself up
- Weighs only 3.7 pounds
Coming in at the #3 position on this list of best lightweight tents for motorcycling is none other than the pocket friendly Abco Tech Pop Up Tent. It can be ordered in a choice of two exciting colors – sky blue and red, and can accommodate up to 2 persons comfortably. Adding to this, it is ready to use right out of the box, and can be folded easily into a compact form and stored away.
This tent is equipped with two doors – one on the left and right, and is appointed with an inner zippered screen that’s complete with a zippered nylon layer on the exterior for superior breathability and privacy. But that’s not all, the Abco Tech Pop Up tent weights just 3.7 lbs, making it a joy to ride with, and features a heavy duty build owing to its strong stitching at the seams. To top things off, it measures 88.6” length x 47.2” width x 37.4” height, is fitted with two windows at the front and back, and backed by a 100% risk free satisfaction guarantee.
- 88.6” l x 47.2” w x 37.4” h
- 2 person capacity
- Weighs just 3.7 lbs
Best Lightweight Tent Buying Guide
- Weight – the weight of a motorcycle tent is represented in lbs, where some that are larger in size weigh more than others.
- Capacity – even though some of best tents for motorcycling aren’t too big, some can be to accommodate more people and even provide dedicated space for your motorcycle. When thinking about space, you should think about the number of people you’re looking to accommodate as well as space to store your things such as riding gear perhaps in a vestibule.
- Water and wind resistance – since the weather on any given day is unpredictable, and considering that you’re going to be camping outdoors, it is important to buy the best lightweight tent for motorcycling that can withstand the elements.
- Ventilation – the interior of tents can get hot and humid, so it is a good idea to look for a motorcycling tent that provides great airflow especially if you’re going to be camping in extreme hot weather.
- Assembly – the last thing you want to do is struggle with the tent to set it up, so look for one that is easy to assemble and even put away when not in use.
- Secure – some of the best lightweight tents for motorcycling are appointed with mesh panels to prevent bugs from getting in and high quality zippers for added security when your camping with your motorbike in tow.