The Best Robot Vacuum for a Small Apartment
With the launch of new robot vacs every other day, it seems like a booming industry. And for a good reason. The robot helpers are getting smarter by the day, and they do actually get the job done properly and to the satisfaction of consumers around the world. They are liked by many residents in small apartments because they are easy to hide away and keep out of sight when not being used, but also because they make sure you’ll get back from work and have clean floors day after day.
Here at ConsumerJar we’re quite thrilled about robot vacuums, and we have previously written about how these little helpers are becoming self emptying, pet friendly, and quieter than before. Now we’ve looked into those models best suitable for small apartments, and here’s what we found:
Why Should You Opt For a Robot Vacuum In Your Apartment?
- Robot vacuums are autonomous and intelligent appliances. They use sensors, lasers, WiFi, and other latest technology to navigate the house.
- They retail with convenient charging docks. Some will even sense a low charge and start instructions for a recharge before they run out. And once it is full, it will resume cleaning from where it left off.
- They need minimal or no human interaction.
- You can schedule your vacuum robot for when you want it to do the cleaning. That way, you can have your house clean when you are away, and only come to empty the bot.
- They use easy to remove dustbins. You can eject and empty these bins with ease.
- Most bots have HEPA filters that are effective in removing allergens around the home.
- It saves you lots of cleaning hours.
- Their compact size takes up minimal storage space. For, these bots go underneath your furniture and other hard to reach areas. Their memory banks record the furniture layout. This way, the bots do not bump and bruise your furniture when moving. Plus, they are ideal for traveling.
- Robot vacuums are as efficient as your regular vacuums. Yet, they retail at a relatively affordable price.
- You can program your robot vacuum and control it from far using your smartphone. Others are compatible with Google Assistant and Alexa’s voice commands.
Here’s Our Top Picks
After thorough testing and research, here’s our top picks among the robot vacuums we found best and most suitable for small apartments:
Ecovacs DEEBOT N79S
- Works well on hard floors and carpets
- Works with Alexa and Google Assistant
- Low profile gives access to hard-to-reach areas
The Ecovacs DEEBOT N79S has plenty of convenient features worth the investment. For 110 minutes, you can sweep, lift, and vacuum your entire apartment. Do you prefer getting your house clean when you are away? Then, schedule this bot and, you’ll come back to a clean house. Or, connect it to Alexa and Google Assistant, then use voice commands to manage it from far.
- Dimensions 33 x 33 x 7.8 inches
- Weight 7.05 pounds
- Run time 110 minutes
- Uses Smart Motion System
- Uses three cleaning modes
- App control and Amazon Echo
- Accessories include side brushes, air filters, remote control, and a cleaning tool
What We Like
- Ideal for hard floors and carpets
- Non-intrusive design with no noise
- A low profile style that gets to hard-to-reach areas
- Accepts commands from Alexa and Google Assistant
- Allows for scheduling and status updates
- Uses a remote control
- Uses a charging dock for self-charging
- 1-year warranty
Eufy RoboVac 11s Max
- Great suction power improves efficiency
- Affordable price
- Quiet operation
The Eufy RoboVac 11s Max is a budget robot vacuum with versatile features. Top on the list is its enhanced suction power. Plus, its dirt collection prowess makes it a popular pick with homeowners. This vacuum uses the Boost IQ technology that adjusts its suction power as needed in less than 1.5 seconds.
- Dimensions 12.8 x 12.8 x 2.9 inches
- Weight 5.73 pounds
- Noise level 55dB
- Runtime 100 minutes
- Suction power 2,000 pa
- Wide wind tunnel dustbin with an inclined filter system
- Dust capacity of 0.6 liters
- Uses Boost IQ technology for most vacuuming
- Unibody filters for ease of maintenance
- Accessories include a roller brush, spin brushes
What We Like
- Sucks up more dirt and debris with its enhanced suction power
- Super slim robust construction that includes a scratch-resistant tempered glass top cover
- Ideal for hard floors and pile carpets
- Wide dustbin accommodating more dirt
- Uses infrared sensors to evade obstacles when navigating the house
- Has a drop-sensing technology that avoids it falling off surfaces
- Quiet operation
Robot Vacuums FAQs
While writing about robot vacuums, we were asked a great amount of questions. Most of the questions were the same, so here’s a FAQ-section so you can get the answers you may need right away:
Q. How do robot vacuums work?
A. Robot vacuums have built-in motherboards that memorize your floor plan. This design includes safety sensors, create a reliable cleaning path. That way, it will not damage your furniture, nor cause the bot to topple over stairs. Second, they have HEPA filters to suck and hold on to all allergens in your home. It relies on batteries and has a docking station to self-charge. Then, the robot vacuum includes a self-emptying dustbin to get rid of the dust and dirt.
Q. Can I replace my regular vacuum with a robot vacuum?
A. Yes. Robot vacuums have more features than your regular ones. They are the future of home vacuuming. As you decide on switching from your regular vacuum bots, consider the following traits: –
- How big is your house? A robot vacuum is ideal for tight spaces or small apartments.
- Decide on your budget. Robot vacuums go for as low as $150 and as high as $1,000. The price varies depending on the number of features in the bot.
- Do you want to use an app with all your home appliances? If so, then a robot vacuum is your best pick.
- What kind of surface do you want to clean? Some robot vacuums are excellent in picking up pet hairs. Others work best of hard to reach areas and hardwood surfaces.
Q. How do I clean and maintain my robot vacuum?
A. You need to maintain a care routine to prolong your bot’s life and cut instances of wear and tear. To do this, always empty your dustbin when full. Use the cleaning tool to wash and reuse your HEPA filters, brushes, and other parts of the appliance. Check for signs of wear and tear. Repair your robot vacuum before your next cleaning. Finally, always refer to the user guide included in your buy. It will give you the best tips on how to care for your robot vacuum.
Robot vacuums use intelligent technology that is efficient, easy to use, and time-saving. More so, they can map and maneuver a small apartment with ease. If you are yet to pick your best robot vacuum, we hope you can use this guide to kick-start your search.