The Best Shower Head for Small Shower Stall
If you have a small shower, you can struggle to find an ideal shower head for your shower stall. Indeed, most home improvement stores aim for versatile functions for the modern bathroom. Yet, some of us still are fond of our small shower spaces. More so, when you have an extra washroom for your guests. So, how do you go about getting the best shower head for a small shower stall? Here is a quick guide:
There are Different Types of Shower Heads
Shower heads vary according to how they mount in the bathroom and their flow rate. In turn, there are at least ten types of shower heads. Here are seven shower heads suitable for a small shower stall:
1. A Single Spray Shower Head
This shower head is a simplistic model producing high-pressure water in one spray. It generates enough water for a quick bath without wastage. This design is quite affordable, hence popular in most homesteads. It makes a pocket-friendly option for a small shower stall. Yet, it is not possible to lower the water pressure. Then, it may not be ideal when you also want to share your bathroom with kids or pets.
2. A Dual Spray Shower Head
Do you love the functionalities of a single spray shower head, but you also want to use it on kids and pets? Then consider a dual spray option. This model is a rainfall shower head with handheld features. This way, you can switch from one mode to the other depending on who is using it at the time. Plus, it is a budget-friendly option. A dual spray shower head is in different shapes and sizes. Hence, pick one that will be convenient for your small shower stall.
3. Multi-Function Shower Head
A multi-function shower head has at least five functions in one. It provides high-pressure massage, power mist, far-flung rain, eco-rain, and a gentle mist. It is a handheld rain shower that gives you the best shower head can offer.
4. Rain Shower Head
A rain shower head is a favorite for luxury homes. It comprises of a large shower head hanging from the ceiling. It also includes an extra tap on the bathroom wall. This design sprays lots of water to a large surface area, creating a relaxing environment. Some include convenient filters that are quite durable. Despite popular belief, a rain shower head doesn’t have to be wasteful. For, it must meet the federal regulations on the most allowable flow rate.
5. Ceiling Mount Shower
Does your small shower stall need a facelift and some class? Then, opt for a ceiling mount shower. This installation on your bathroom ceiling makes your corner bath look luxurious. It is ideal for a couple sharing a bathroom.
A ceiling mount shower disperses water to a more extensive surface area. Yet, the water never splatters out of the bathroom. Hence, it adds intensity to a small bathroom, giving you the best shower experience. Besides, this shower is clog-proof. Its water outlets are easy to disassemble and clean. Yet, it is not your best pick if your local area experiences low water pressure.
6. Handheld Shower Head
A handheld shower head is a favorite in homes with small shower stalls. Indeed, it’s a practical option. Since it needs no mounting, you can use it to spray in any direction. Hence, you clean better while saving on water. Again, a handheld shower head has useful flow restrictors. This way, you can reduce or increase the water flow as you apply soap to your body. These shower heads are excellent for pets and children. There is no wastage or unwanted spillage.
7. Low Water Pressure Shower Head
Do you live in a locality prone to low water pressure? Then, consider a low water pressure shower head. Its design optimizes the minimal water pressure available. Hence, you get the impression of a massage. Still, a low water pressure shower head is a rather pricey option. For, you must have a bathroom built specifically for it.
A Small Shower Head for a Small Shower Stall?
The traditional small shower head retails with lots of water-saving and energy-saving traits. Hence, most homeowners resort to these options when they want to have an eco-friendly home. Yet, these small shower heads are a bit restrictive. And, they have lower water pressure.
A small shower head is ideal for you, if:
- You want to use a handheld shower head. It will direct the water only where you need it. That way, you’ll use less water and still come out of the shower sparkling clean.
- You have a small bath space of about 30 square inches. Such a bathroom has space only for the necessities. Still, the neo-angle designs can make your small wash area look fashionable. It tucks well in corners, making your tight space more accessible.
Here are Our Best Shower Head Picks:
DreamSpa 3-Way 8-Settings Double Shower Head
- Shower heads can be used separately
- Rainfall shower head swivels to the direction you want
- Easy installation – no tools required
This shower head couples as a rain shower and a handheld shower head as follows: Adjust the lever depending on which shower head you want to use, and you’re good to go. As simple as that. While the rain shower head works great when you want to indulge yourself in a hot shower, the handheld shower head gives you the opportunity to save water and thoroughly rinse off soap AND shower your little ones without them getting water in their eyes and ears!
- A 7-inch chrome multifunction shower head
- Allows for power rain, hydro-mist, eco rain, regular massage, pulsating massage, mist, and water-saving pause
- Stainless steel hose, conical brass nuts, patented 3-way diverter
- Limited lifetime warranty
What We Like
- Combines the features of a rain shower head in a handheld option
- Has up to 7 luxury settings to give you the spa experience
- Has adjustable shower head
- Uses a stainless steel hose and a chrome face that is corrosion resistant
- Allows for a tools-free installation
AmazonBasics AB-BF611-PC Hand Shower Set
- Great affordable alternative
- Handheld operation gives better precision
- Works great for many purposes
This shower head is a simplistic handheld option for the budget-conscious homeowner. It has ideal features for a small bathroom as follows:
- Filtered shower head with up to 5 spray settings
- Flexible stainless steel hose
- Overhead bracket
- High-pressure water at 2.5 gallons per minute
- One year limited warranty
What We Like
- Attractive chrome polish finish
- Creates a relaxing experience
- Fast and efficient
- Easy installation, cleaning, and maintenance process
- Ideal for kids and pets
You can transform a small shower stall into a luxurious corner for relaxation after a long day at work. Pick any of the above shower heads and change them to suit your theme décor. For, these must-have bathroom amenities are both functional and aesthetic.