The 3 Best Tents for Farmers Market
Farmers markets are very popular all over the country, and for a good reason: This is where locals get to meet each other to buy and sell fresh produce, meats, fresh baked bread, and tons of other homemade goodies.
If these farmers markets caught your interest and you have something to sell, you need a proper tent for your slot. You need to provide proper shelter, not only for your customers, but also for your products to stay nice and dry away from the sun and rain.
We’ve done extensive research to identify the needs of vendors on a farmers market, and below is our findings – make sure you read to the end, if you want to get all the insights we gathered through the research!
Our Top Picks
These tents are the best picks for a farmers’ market:
ABC CANOPY Pop Up Commercial Tent
- Waterproof 500D polyester fabric
- Available in many colors
- Measures 10 x 10 feet
- Weight bags, ropes and stakes included
The ABC CANOPY Pop Up Tent is a 10’x10′ canopy tent, and probably the best choice for a farmers’ market stall.
It comes with a large accessory pack including basically anything you’d need for a fruitful day at any market, from weight bags to a full screen wall that will secure the tent from any thinkable situations.
Furthermore, it is made from a waterproof polyester fabric, that provides UV50+ protection and therefore works perfectly for both rainy and sunny days.
- Waterproof 500D polyester fabric
- Available in many color options
- Has banner loops for increased customer attraction
- 6 removable sidewalls included
- Insect screen keeps unwanted guests out
- Frame made of powder coated steel
- Available in 10’x10′, 10’x15′, or 10’x20′ sizes
- 3 height options: 89.3, 93.7, or 97.2 inches
What we like
- Super easy to set up
- Available in multiple fresh colors
- Banner loops make it easy to customize your tent
- The weight bags included add an extra layer of security
- Waterproof fabric is great for rainy days
- The insect screen is a great add-on
- Works for any kind of market
- Removable sides give you the option to keep the tent ventilated
ProSource 10×10 Pop Up Tent
- Affordable tent
- Pops up easily and quickly
- Easy to store between use
The ProSource Pop Up Tent is a one-piece white canopy tent that pops up into position within seconds. This robust tent stands 11’5″ tall and has a straight leg design that allows for ventilation from all sides.
It’s a nice starter tent for those attending their first farmers’ market, and it’s also a great choice if you want to use it to provide shade at any location.
- Dimensions 9 inches x 58 inches x 8 inches
- Structural steel square tubing
- Rugged white powder-coated finish
- Water resistant polyester fabric with UV protection
- Hook-and-loops with Velcro closures
What we like
- Sturdy steel poles and rip-resistant polyester fabric
- Easy setup instructions
- Uses pop-ups that set up in seconds
- Simplistic yet attractive look
- Easy to fold for storage
- Retails with extra ground anchors for stability on pavements
- Includes a carrier bag for transport
Vispronet Black 10×15 Steel Canopy Tent Kit
- Available in 4 colors
- Provides great shade from all elements
- Stylish look
- Suitable for any walk-in booths
The Vispronet Black 10×15 Steel Canopy tent is a durable farmers’ market tent retailing in various colors.
This tent has optional walls of between 10 feet and 15 feet high, which give you and your customers added privacy.
What’s special about this retailer, is the ability to upload your brand prints at their website. You’ll then receive a full-color imprint on all the canopy surfaces. Plus, it features extra stakes and rope sections for convenience.
If you want something that has a bit extra to offer, this tent is definitely worth considering.
- Weight frame 74 lbs
- Commercial-grade steel frames
- 1.6” hexagonal steel legs
- Waterproof, UV-resistant removable polyester canopy top
- Stake kit includes 4 steel stakes and nylon rope sections
What we Like
- Includes a canopy storage bag on wheels
- Can withstand strong winds of up to 25mph
- Retails with convenient door and window walls
- Canopy top available in four different colors
- 6 months limited warranty
- Ideal for the farmers’ market, music festivals, street fairs, and parties
Do You Really Need a Tent for the Farmers Market?
Yes. A farmer’s market tent comes in handy in the following scenarios:
1. It sets you apart from your competitors
How do you capture your customers’ attention in a farmers’ market? How about using a custom-printed sunshade, or a custom-made banner?
Such a memorable display is what will make a lasting impression on your target customers for years to come.
Luckily we have a lot of tents these days, that either come with an option to customize the fabric with prints and graphics, or have built-in loopholes to hang up a banner of any size.
2. Shelter from the elements
Let’s face it: Most farmers’ markets take place during the summer. And, apart from the scorching sun, you can have sporadic showers too.
As you sit in the open fields for hours on end, your tent will provide a refreshing shade from the scorching sun. It will also rescue you from the sudden summer rains. This way, both you and your products remain cool and dry.
In some areas there’s also birds, especially if you’re under a tree, making a tent an inevitable measure at a market.
Factors to Consider
Here’s a rundown of the most important factors to consider, when choosing your new farmers market tent.
An ideal tent for a farmers market uses a waterproof, heavy, and rip-resistant fabric. Plus, it stands on heavy-duty galvanized stainless steel or commercial-grade aluminum poles.
Such a foundation can endure strong winds and the flow of the crowds. As a marketing booth, you want to include your custom prints, stock colors, and banners.
Tents whose accessories include optional sidewalls will come in handy.
Most farmers’ markets have strict rules about the minimal weight a tent should have. This way, none of the exhibitors’ tents will fly off and hurt anyone.
Make sure you confirm with the organizers of the event before settling for any particular tent, and consider getting additional weights if your tent doesn’t meet the requirements. Those can be filled with either sand or water, and secure the frame of your tent from taking off.
Do you prefer using sidewalls to create some privacy as you attend to your clients?
If yes, make sure you choose one with the ability to ventilate the space. The vents will remove any stuffiness, and ensure you have a nice flow of fresh air around you.
As you buy a tent for the farmer’s market, think of it as a long term investment. As a vendor, you can use the same canopy in events for multiple years.
The price should never deter you from getting the tent you want, as long as it’s reasonable and not overly expensive for what it is.
Fortunately, most of the durable farmers’ market tents are quite durable and stable, without being too expensive.
An ideal tent for the farmers’ market is free from holes or dents. Its fabric ought to be in tip-top shape to withstand the elements.
Most exhibitors prefer polyester tents over nylon ones. Such tents can be flame-retardant, scratch-resistant, and waterproof.
Some tents can also be adjusted to meet any needs, and often come with multiple options for setting it up.
How easy can you transport your tent from one venue to the next? Do you have a team to do your logistics or, will you need to carry all your setup gear and products by yourself?
As you shop for a tent for your stall, consider if you will have to move it on your own. If not, determine how many people will need to carry it.
Also, compare least space to set up your tent versus your allocated space at the event. This is important, because most tents require a bit of space to set up.
Some farmers’ market tents come with a carrying bag with wheels on, so you can easily walk it from your car and to your designated spot.
7. Ease of Setup
A tent should be easy to set up, and just as easy to take down. That’s why we recommend you get one with a collapsible frame, so you can simply expand it, lock it into place, and done.
You probably don’t want to bring a ladder and an entire toolbox just to set it up, so make sure you get one that’s easy to unpack and set up.
The best tent for farmers’ market can make you stand out to your target customers. They are long term investments, that are convenient during the summer outdoor events.
Pick one that is easy to assemble, and of a durable construction and canopy top. It is your unique marketing tool, so be sure to make the best of it and get one you really appreciate.